The benefits of Lip enhancement/ filler
Dermal fillers treatments can contour and create volume, fill out lines, treat wrinkles and rejuvenate your skin. Fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid, a substance that naturally exists in your body. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration. If your lips have lost definition over the years, or never had the fullness you would like, lip fillers can enhance the shape and volume of your lips to give you more definition to your smile. We will create a personalised treatment programme to ensure your lips stay plump and continue to look great.
The result of a single treatment can be seen instantly and can last for around 6 to 9 months. We use Juvederm product guaranteeing the safest and best results possible
Nasolabial folds and marionettes lines?
The ‘nasolabial’ or ‘nose-to-mouth’ lines and folds are similar in many ways to the ‘marionette’ lines and folds, they are both formed when, through the natural ageing process, the central part of the face loses soft-tissue volume whilst the fat pads from the lateral parts of the face, thin and drop downwards.
Dermal filler in these areas can successfully soften the lines and folds giving a more youthful appearance.
We always recommend a consultation for this treatment to ensure suitability for the treatment.
Who cannot have dermal fillers
- Treatment is not recommended if you are
- Suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any dermal filler or local anaesthetic.
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.
- If you are taking steroids or have autoimmune disease.
- If you have any bleeding disorders.
- If you suffer from a poorly controlled medical condition.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Roacutane (Isotretinoin acne treatment) in the last 18 months.
Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, please let us know before you book. If you have recently had treatment with any other dermal filler, please discuss this with us before booking
What to expect after your Dermal Filler treatment
- It is recommended that you do not wear any makeup for 24 hours following the treatment, avoid use of any cosmetics on the treated area during this period of time.
- Avoid any extended exposure to the sun, UV rays and temperatures below 0°C after treatment. This includes the use of sunbeds for at least 14 days following the treatment.
- It is normal for there to be slight redness, swelling and tenderness around the treated area immediately after treatment. These signs generally disappear within a few days, but make sure you contact your practitioner if they persist.
- Do not enter a sauna or similar environment for 2 weeks following treatment.
- The risk of bruising and bleeding may be higher if you are taking aspirin, high doses of vitamin C or any other anti-coagulants. Discuss any concerns that you have with your medical aesthetic practitioner.
- If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse side effects, contact your practitioner immediately.
This may make dermal fillers treatment sound scarier than it is. As with any medical or aesthetic procedure there are some risks involved, but by following the correct aftercare instructions you will reduce these risks and aid the end results.