SKIN REJUVENATION USING Fibroblast
Skin rejuvenation using fibroblast technology (also known as “Fibroblast” or “Plasma Pen”) is an innovative treatment for loose skin, wrinkles, fine lines as well as stretch marks and skin tags. It is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that is designed to tighten and lift the skin, shrinking excess skin.
What to expect during the treatment
The device creates tiny plasma flashes between the pen and your skin, resulting in a small carbon crust. This increases collagen and minimises the skin in its immediate vicinity. Collagen is responsible for skin strength and elasticity and its degradation leads to wrinkles that accompany ageing.
How long does healing take and what should I expect?
The day after treatment you should expect to be swollen (particularly if the eye area has been treated) and experience minor pain and soreness, this tends to go down in 1-2 days. You will have several small scabs all over the treated area. These tend to come away after around five days to seven days, it is important to let these come away when they are ready.
You must avoid the sun and artificial light sources, sunbeds, whilst the skin is still healing. Once the scabs have come away we recommend using a high factor sun protector, which will combat the risk of pigmentation occurring after treatment. You must continue to use this high factor SPF for the coming few months.
The skin can be dry and a little flaky whilst it is healing. You may also experience some itchiness. 100% pure Aloe Vera can be used to help relieve the itching and can also have a cooling effect.
Most clients will find that they are healed and see results in seven days to two weeks, however, it can take up to six weeks to see optimum results.
How many sessions will I need and how long will my results last?
Most clients see results that they are happy with after just one session, for others it may take two or three. The effects of this treatment are not entirely permanent as it is impossible to stop any future ageing but the results should last for 2-4 years. Certain lifestyle factors can prevent the result from lasting as long; such as smoking, prolonged sun exposure and excessive alcohol consumption.
Important Pre-Procedure Advice
- There is some downtime associated with this treatment and since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red and you will have noticeable scabs on the area treated, it is advised not to make social plans for a few days post-treatment. You may want to consider taking a couple of days off work if you are client-faced and concerned about looking your best whilst at work
- The use of aspirin, Ibuprofen or blood thinning medication within the two days leading up to procedure may increase the risk of bleeding at the treatment site; as will drinking alcohol and caffeine and these should be avoided for a day or two pre-treatment
- If you have any eyelash extensions, these need to be removed prior to treatment (if treating the eye area) to minimise the risk of infection
- If you are having an eyelid treatment, you may have some swelling in the eye directly after the treatment.
- If you suffer, or have suffered in the past from cold sores, and are considering a lip procedure (lip flip or smoker’s lines), it is recommended that you use anti-herpes medication (for example Zovirax) one-week prior and one-week post procedure.
Clients should be in good health at the time of treatment. If you have symptoms of a cold or flu then treatment should be postponed. We cannot treat clients who are:
- dark-skinned (due to higher risk of hyper/hypo-pigmentation)
- pregnant or breastfeeding
- have a pacemaker fitted
- prone to keloid scarring
- have uncontrolled diabetes or any kind of healing or lymphatic draining issues